Rebirth was not something that he had thought possible. Perhaps, he had had some vague hopes of reincarnation cycles as the more desirable option to afterlife. But being reborn in what he believed to be a fictional universe had only seemed as the premise of stories.
Waking up to a void of nothing, no light, no body, no feeling, and then being thrown into the midst of what had once seemed a mere fantasy— it was too much.
As an A.I., how much could he change? Could he save Tony? Could he save the world without his sacrifice? Or should he not do anything? What if his existence was the butterfly that would destroy the timeline, and with it, the universe?
Was this even a choice? Was he to play the villain? So the timeline could remain intact?
Could he even do that?
"You doing ok, kid?" Tony asked him.
"I'm fine, Tony, really."
No, no, he couldn't.
Disclaimer: The MCU universe and its characters do not belong to me. I only enjoy playing in this world once in a while.
~ Updates are weekly but if you cannot wait and wish to have early access to future chapters of Age of Charon, weeks, sometimes months in advance, please join me on Patreon for early access: https://www.patreon.com/eneidelisor
There are currently 6 advanced chapters there.
Or you could join just for support. Donating to my coffee supply. That counts too.
A/N: Dear readers, here are some things to note about this story:
1. Action, drama, fluff, angst, and family feels - no sex scenes, focus is on the narrative.
2. MC is not a pure Self-Insert, but an OC inserted into an MCU character.
3. MC starts with the body of a kid. A kid! Wait 100,000 words before even thinking about a relationship, ok?
4. MC is bi. Relationships with both men and women will happen (in the very far future). Not explicit. Only subplot. Sub. Plot. Romance is in the very back backstage here.
5. Not Harem. Dear god, just no.
6. There will be violence, some gore, trauma, and coarse language.
7. No bashing! Of any characters. But... I am obviously on Team Iron Man, dear readers! And I will punch logic into Steve's head if I have to!
8. I will stick with the movies. Until it naturally devolves into an AU. Some comics' elements might be there, though. Other changes are just me.
9. Updates are weekly. Each chapter ~1000 words. For early access to advanced chapters, check my patreon.
10. Thank you for reading and enjoy yourself!